Services and Facilities for the Disabled
In care of DM to achieve its vision “to be a world reference for developing Dubai as a pioneer smart and sustainable global city by 2021”, and in order to enhance its community responsibility, DM has committed since it was founded in 1957 to provide the highest levels of care for the Disabled. Also it put in its priority to provide multiple and diverse services that are distinguished by quality to this category. The Disabled have been also considered through updating, developing and facilitating their services in its facilities, services centers and projects in accordance with the best international standards and experiences, being inspired by believing in vision of Dubai government to transfer the Emirate of Dubai to a city that is friendly to the Disabled.
Below is a summary of facilities and services provided by DM to the Disabled:
- Public Parks and DM Customer Service Centers Visitor Guide in Braille for people with visual disabilities.
- Children City Short Stories in Braille for people with visual disabilities.
- People with disabilities are exempted from public parks entering fees.
- People with disabilities are exempted from Children City entering fees.
- People with disabilities are exempted from dolphins shows entering fees: To use of this service, you may coordinate with Dubai Dolphinarium through telephone No. 043369773.
- Service of specialized water chair for swimming (Car to Car service): It is a Complimentary service provided to Al-Mamzar beach disabled visitors. The chair user may use it alone or with a companion, as he wishes. This service can be requested from Front office Staff or through office phone No. 042966201 or mobile No. 0508589897 or 0508565086.
- Providing specialized games for disabled children in public parks.
- Providing specialized physical fitness equipments for The Disabled in public parks.
- Service of wheelchairs in public parks: This service is complimentary and can be requested from Front Office Staff.
- DM Call Center services are provided through DM website (Chat) for people with hearing disabilities.
- Service of buying, slaughtering, preparation and delivery of slaughtered animals, provided fully by phone from Dubai Abattoir. This service can be requested through office No. 042672525 ext.200
- Service of buying organic fertilizers: Disabled customers may request this service fully by phone, including delivery of the goods. This service can be requested through office No. 043331411 ext.405-229-226 .
- Providing club car (Fe Al-Shoofa) in the fish market.
- Request of simple annex design for UAE Citizens homes/farms: Through this complimentary service, the customer may get an approved design (architectural, structural, thermal insulation) for his simple annex which area does not exceed 1500 sq. ft. The Disabled customer is being visited to complete the service fully from home. This service may be requested through the contact
- Request for technical report to list damages and necessary maintenance works in buildings: Customer may get technical report which list the damages and necessary maintenance works (Civil, Electromechanical, etc.) with the cost estimate. The Disabled customer is being visited to complete the service fully from home. This service may be requested through the contact number 046066643.
- “Fast Track” service for Disabled customers in DM Clinic. Number 046066882.
- Employees who are qualified to communicate with sign language in parks and service centers .
- Specialized passages for The Disabled on beaches.
- These passages are available on following beaches: (Khour AlMamzar Beach, Al-Mamzar Corniche, Jumeira 3 Beach, Umm Suqeim 1 and 2 Beaches).
- Specialized passages in nature reserves
- This passages are available in Ras Al-Khour nature reserve.
- Specialized passages in the entries of DM facilities.
- Specialized car parking in DM facilities.
- Complimentary wheelchairs in DM facilities
- Integrated toilets which are equipped for The Disabled in DM facilities and public parks.
- Service counters in DM customer service centers are designed to be easily accessed by The Disabled.
- Specially equipped elevators in service centers (low-rise control buttons and support arms).
- Providing escalators in service centers which are equipped with side arms along the ladder.
- DM facilities and locations are equipped with rough sliding paths which are non-slip, with low slope and with strong armrests on both sides.
- Auto doors to facilitate entry and exit.
- Providing communication system in all of The Disabled toilets in Zabeel Park in case of emergency or to ask for help.
SERVICES & FACILITIES FOR THE DISABLED (Brochure)
You do not have Acrobat Reader? Click here to download it
(All the files format PDF, 2013-2016, size less than 1 MB)